- Sno-Bird Tournament – Saturday Oct 14th at 12:30pm. Because the sun drops earlier this time of year, we are going to send the groups out at Noon.
- Course Renovation Updates – Learn about all the progress and future plans for our golf course renovation.
- Emeralds Restaurant Customer Appreciation Nights – Tues & Wed, Oct 17th & 18th starts at 4:30pm – See details below.
- Emeralds Restaurant’s last day will be Saturday, October 28th. Comedy Night will be Sat night Oct 28th, $35 for dinner and the show. Please call Emeralds to reserve (518-585-7435).
- The Pro Shop will be open through Sunday November 5th. The season is winding down! Come on out and play some golf soon!
INTRODUCTORY MEMBERSHIP SPECIAL!
- For first time members enjoy the rest of season 2017 and all of season 2018 for $599.
- Call George at Pro Shop for details and to sign up. 518-585-2801.
FALL SPECIAL RATES!
- Weekdays (Mon-Fri) 18 holes with a cart for $35 per person.
SEASON 2017 WINDING DOWN – COME OUT AND PLAY SOME GOLF!
- The 2017 golf season is winding down and the weather is looking good for the next couple of weeks.
- The Pro Shop will be open through Sunday November 5th.
- Come on out and play some golf!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q: Why is the renovation starting on the front when the back is not completed?
- A: With the water table very low in August, it is the opportune time to dig the pond and construct both seven and four as the water level is normally high in that area which makes construction difficult. It is also necessary to seed the area before the end of September.
- Q: Why is the sand so hard to get out of?
- A: The sand that is in some of the sand traps is not the final sand. All sand traps will get new USGA sanctioned sand at the end of construction so it does not get compromised during construction.
- Q: When will the construction be completed?
- A: Steve concluded his remarks by indicating that all work should be completed and play will be possible on every new or refurbished hole by mid 2019.
- Q: Why are we not using the existing greens for sod?
- A: The reason why we do not use the exisiting greens for sod on the new is:
- The existing turf would be much more expensive to relocate then to purchase new.
- It is very labor intensive to lift and remove.
- Not to mention the high weed content of the existing golf course grasses.
- Existing grasses are on clay with poorly developed roots as opposed to better drained loam base materials form the sod farm.
If you would like to have a questioned answered, please forward it to George and he will make sure you get the correct answer.
The New #13 Hole – Tees and View of Green
The New #14 Hole – Tees, Fairway, and Green
The Improved #7 – New Fairway and New Green
The New #14 Hole – Fairway, Hill, and New Green
BIG TURNOUT FOR THE ANNUAL STOCKHOLDERS MEETING HELD AUGUST 19TH
We welcomed our two new board members Paul Brauner and Lori Gunther and returning director Bud Bresett. All were elected by stockholders by overwhelming positive votes.
We also recognized “retiring” director Barb Marriott for her six years on the Board as treasurer. And, I also thanked both Rick and George and their staff for all their hard work this year.
Our accountant, Pat Ida gave the financial report. Although we were down in greens fees and carts due to all the rain (29 inches)this season, we are still in good shape financially. August has been a stellar month for us so far. Hopefully the sales we lost in July can be made up in August and in September.
Some other highlights from the annual meeting include:
- Membership has stayed steady because of our introductory programs.
- Participation has increased in all our tournaments.
- Our capital campaign is getting closer to the $400,000 goal each day. We are now at $363,000.
- FUBU had the highest participation since its inception with 124 players.
Steve Durkee, our golf course architect/ and contractor, answered questions about course progress and plans. Among his comments:
- All sand traps will have new USGA-sanctioned sand when construction is completed.
- Hole 7 and 4 are being worked on as the water table is very low and easier to make the pond and work in that area. There is a very small window and both of these holes need to be finished and seeded by the end of September.
- Hole 13 is to be sodded and seeded soon (weather permitting).
- Sodded and seeded also will be the new Hole 11 men’s tee boxes, and all Hole 14 tee boxes soon, again all contingent on weather.
He concluded his remarks by indicating that all work should be completed and play will be possible on every new or refurbished hole by mid 2019.
Lastly, on behalf of the Board and staff, we want to thank everyone who volunteers, supports our fund raising and plays golf.
A really “Big Thank You” for all your support. You are the reason our club is able to survive.
Best to you All!
Judy Schultz……Board President
George Mackey….PGA Pro
Rick Liddell……..Grounds Superintendent
SUMMER 2017 NEWSLETTER AVAILABLE!
- Ticonderoga Golf Course has released the Summer 2017 newsletter.
- To see it as a .pdf file, just click here: TGC NEWSLETTER SUMMER 2017
- See below for snapshots of the newsletter.
- Sign up to our e-newsletter to receive our periodic e-newsletters.
*** Past latest news information is shown below:
EMERALDS RESTAURANT SERVING SUNDAY BREAKFAST STARTING JUNE 18TH
- Starting Sunday June 18th Emeralds Restaurant will serve breakfast each Sunday all summer!
ADOPT A HOLE WORKDAY WAS A BIG SUCCESS!
- On Tuesday June 13th, we held our annual Adopt A Hole Workday that involved a lot of weeding, planting, pruning, digging, and mulching.
- Thanks to all the Adopt A Hole Volunteers who came out to improve our beautiful golf course and clubhouse!
PLEASE PAY YOUR MEMBERSHIP / SEASON DUES
- If you have not yet paid your dues, please pay before you play!
- The golf course is now open!
- Please check out our 2017 Season Permits & Passes webpage and our 2017 Introductory Membership webpage!
EMERALDS RESTAURANT IS OPEN!
- Lunch and Dinner from 11am to closing
- Checkout the Emeralds Facebook page for updates.
OPENING PARTY WAS A SUCCESS!
- Friday June 2nd a ribbon cutting ceremony was held at the Ticonderoga Golf Course.
- The new holes #10, #16, #17 are now officially open.
- All 18 holes are open and playable. Progress continues on our Course Renovation.
- The golf course did well over the winter. New greens and fairways are filling in nicely!
- We recently added new Spring 2017 photos that show the great progress.
- Lots of progress is occurring on the course renovation. Please visit our Course Renovation webpage for recent photos and update information!
TICONDEROGA GOLF COURSE CAPITAL CAMPAIGN IS UNDERWAY!
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN HELP WITH OUR COURSE RENOVATION:
Please visit our Capital Campaign webpage for all the details!
OLDER NEWS STORIES SHOWN BELOW:
HOLE IN ONE CLUB FOR SEASON 2016:
- Congratulations Bill Bolton on his recent hole in one on #3!
- Congratulations Kathy Liddell on her recent hole in one on #6!
- Did we have any more in 2016 or in years past?
- Please call the Pro Shop or Contact Us with the information and we will update our Hole in One webpage.
Club Championship weekend – August 27th and 28th:
- Beautiful weather encouraged many people to attempt becoming our club champions! What an exciting two days it was!
- Congratulations to our 2016 Club Champions Tim Malaney and Kathy Liddell and to all our flight winners.
- Please visit our 2016 Tournament Results webpage for all the results.
THE 2016 LADIES INVITATIONAL WAS A BIG SUCCESS:
- Everyone had a great time recently at this fun filled tournament.
- Please visit our 2016 Tournament Results webpage for scores, highlights, and photos.
- For all the photos, please visit our 2016 Ladies Invitational webpage.
OUR FUBU GOLF TOURNAMENT WAS A BIG SUCCESS!
TO: Ticonderoga Golf Club Members, Supporters, Players
FR: Judy Schultz, TGC President
RE: Successful FUBU Golf Tournament on Sunday, July 24th
Ticonderoga Golf Course’s FUBU (“For-Us-By-Us”) had its largest fund-raising tournament in its 7-year history with a record number of players and funds raised on what was certainly a perfect day for golf.
Senator Betty Little, who was this year’s honorary tournament chairperson, said the community support was very impressive and she looks forward to playing the course once the renovation is completed. TGC will be a “Great Destination” golf course, she said.
With the club renovating the back nine and raising the funds for the front nine (specifically holes #4 and #7) to mitigate the ever-present flooding threat, the turnout was a huge success. We will use most of the proceeds to meet the Paul and Jane Ingrey generous “challenge grant.”
A big “thank you “to the following for all their hard work that made FUBU such a success.
- Mike Coleman and Erin O-Wood, again our chairmen, who have organized the event since its inception;
- Mark Wood and and their great Emerald’s staff for food and beverage service that all enjoyed;
- Our chairpersons Linda Osborne and Frances Malaney in charge of organizing all the baskets with help from Barb Marriott, Kathy Liddell, and Beth Ross. And Mary Louise Coleman for the player gift packages.
- To all of our Prime Sponsors, our Board of Directors, Silent Auction item donors, and to everyone who donated baskets—YOUR support of this tournament and other activities is critical to our club’s success.
- To our pro, George Mackey, for all his hard work with FUBU and his staff preparing for this event.
- Special thanks to Rick Liddell our Superintendent and to his team who made everything look so good for FUBU. Juggling both the new “grow-in” as well as all the 18 existing holes has been quite the challenge. They’ve done a marvelous job.
Again, on behalf of the all members of the Board of Directors, THANKS to everyone who supported FUBU-2016.
Above photo from left to right: Susan Rathbun, Senator Betty Little, and Judy Schultz
Above are the FUBU A Flight 1st Place Players for Low Gross with a score of 58.
(from left to right) Tom and Tim Malaney with Katherine Mitchell and John McIntyre
COURSE RENOVATIONS MOVING AHEAD!
- There has been lots of activity and progress on the course renovations!
- As more of the new tees, fairways, and greens are shaped on the back 9 you will see less piles of dirt and construction equipment. Please bear with us as we are making great progress!
- Check out our Course Renovations webpage for the latest updates and photos.
- Here are a few recent photos:
Below is a photo from the temp 16 green overlooking the new 16 green that is filling in nicely:
And here’s a friendly reminder regarding repair of ball marks. Please help us to keep our greens in great shape all season! THANK YOU!
JUNIOR GOLF CLINIC TO START SOON!
- Monday thru Thursday, July 11th to 14th, 9:30am to 11:00am each day.
- Junior golf clinic to teach swings, short game, and golf essentials.
- Cost is $50 per child for the 4 days. Ages 17 and under.
- Clinic will be held at both Five Nations Golf and the Ticonderoga Golf Course.
- Call the Pro Shop to sign up!
ADOPT A HOLE DAY WAS A BIG SUCCESS!
To all the Adopt a Hole volunteers:
- Linda and I say many thanks to all who came out to Adopt A Hole Clean Up last Tuesday.
- It was a beautiful day and we were able to get much weeding, pruning, planting and mulching done. The Club House and Course are “looking good”. If you have not already done so, please spruce up and plant your individual tee box.
- Thanks to all our volunteers: Jane Brauner, Carol Barnwell, Lloyd Burroughs, Nancy Horner, Joan Marcher, Cathy Clark, Stu Kelley, Ed Konikowski, Larry (pro shop guy), Bud and Pam Bresett, Jane and Paul Ingry, Lori and Wayne Gunther, Judy and Ken Schultz.
- Thanks to George for securing the mulch and to Mark for his chain saw expertise.
- If I missed anyone, mea culpa. You get a special silent thank you.
OPENING PARTY AND COURSE RENOVATION TOUR WAS A SUCCESS!
Our recent opening party and course renovation tour was a lot of fun. All who attended the course renovation tour learned a lot about the ongoing improvements.
COURSE RENOVATION TOUR:
Friday, June 3rd – Course Renovation Tour at 5pm at Ticonderoga Golf Course (before the Opening Party)
ADOPT A HOLE WORKDAY IS SCHEDULED
- Tuesday May 31st starting at 10am. This year we will be weeding, planting, pruning, digging, and mulching.
- General cleanup of front and clubhouse area plus a couple of special projects. Remember to bring gloves, rakes, troughs, shovels, pruners, etc. Please mark your equipment. Everyone is welcome! We hope to see you all there! Thanks from Linda, Melissa, & Judy.
NEW WEBSITE HAS LAUNCHED!
We now have a NEW website launched on a new domain name. The new site looks very much like the old one with just a few new features and improvements.
The main reason for the update was to move from TiconderogaCountryClub.com to TiconderogaGolfCourse.com. Please update any favorites or bookmarks that you may have! If you do type in TiconderogaCountryClub.com, you will be automatically redirected to the new site. The old website is still present so if you happen to end up on an old webpage, there are links to the new website available.
Here’s a list of the updates and new features:
- New domain name TiconderogaGolfCourse.com.
- Improved wide screen appearance (fluid design). Improved footer links and display of information.
- Same software platform with additional functionality allowing for a lot more flexibility and improved features in the future.
- Home page with improved photos, more links and more information to help first time visitors quickly navigate to key areas of the website.
- Quick links on sidebar for the most popular webpages.
- eNews archive with most recent eNewsletters available. eNewsletter signup on right side of most webpages.
- Weather widget on right side of most webpages.
Similar to the many improvement efforts underway at our Ticonderoga Golf Course (such as: course improvements, more events, leagues, etc.), the website is also undergoing Continuous Improvement. The next enhancement items will be additional photos showing all the course renovations / back nine play as well as improved photos from throughout the course showcasing our beautiful and scenic Adirondack golf course. It has been a pleasure creating, updating, and improving the Ticonderoga Golf Course website. Many of your ideas have been implemented. Thanks for your continued support and suggestions!
Exciting news for our club! Ticonderoga Golf Course won the 2nd BEST GOLF COURSE category in the Adirondack Life Magazine’s Best of the Adirondack readers’ poll! It will be in the May/June issue.
SIGN UP FOR OUR eNEWSLETTER
If you haven’t done so already, please sign up for our e-newsletter.
There is news, upcoming event information, reminders, golf tips, league and tournament information, and more.