2017 GOLF SEASON WILL BE HERE SOON:
From all of us at the Ticonderoga Golf Course:
- Daylight savings time starts on March 12th
- The first day of spring is Monday March 20th and that’s only a month away
- THE GOLF SEASON WILL FOLLOW SHORTLY
- Sign Up Today!!!
- Please check out all the 2017 Membership information
2017 MEMBERSHIP PRICES ARE RELEASED!
2016 YEAR END PRESIDENT’S LETTER
The President’s Letter is shown below and also available here:
SEASON 2016 HAS ENDED:
- Season 2016 has ended. We are looking forward to an exciting Season 2017
- NEW GREENS AND FAIRWAYS ARE FILLING IN NICELY!
- Lots of progress is occurring on the course renovation. Please visit our Course Renovation webpage for recent photos and update information!
TICONDEROGA GOLF COURSE CAPITAL CAMPAIGN IS UNDERWAY!
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN HELP WITH OUR COURSE RENOVATION:
Please visit our Capital Campaign webpage for all the details!
OLDER NEWS STORIES SHOWN BELOW:
HOLE IN ONE CLUB FOR SEASON 2016:
- Congratulations Bill Bolton on his recent hole in one on #3!
- Congratulations Kathy Liddell on her recent hole in one on #6!
- Did we have any more in 2016 or in years past?
- Please call the Pro Shop or Contact Us with the information and we will update our Hole in One webpage.
Club Championship weekend – August 27th and 28th:
- Beautiful weather encouraged many people to attempt becoming our club champions! What an exciting two days it was!
- Congratulations to our 2016 Club Champions Tim Malaney and Kathy Liddell and to all our flight winners.
- Please visit our 2016 Tournament Results webpage for all the results.
THE 2016 LADIES INVITATIONAL WAS A BIG SUCCESS:
- Everyone had a great time recently at this fun filled tournament.
- Please visit our 2016 Tournament Results webpage for scores, highlights, and photos.
- For all the photos, please visit our 2016 Ladies Invitational webpage.
OUR FUBU GOLF TOURNAMENT WAS A BIG SUCCESS!
TO: Ticonderoga Golf Club Members, Supporters, Players
FR: Judy Schultz, TGC President
RE: Successful FUBU Golf Tournament on Sunday, July 24th
Ticonderoga Golf Course’s FUBU (“For-Us-By-Us”) had its largest fund-raising tournament in its 7-year history with a record number of players and funds raised on what was certainly a perfect day for golf.
Senator Betty Little, who was this year’s honorary tournament chairperson, said the community support was very impressive and she looks forward to playing the course once the renovation is completed. TGC will be a “Great Destination” golf course, she said.
With the club renovating the back nine and raising the funds for the front nine (specifically holes #4 and #7) to mitigate the ever-present flooding threat, the turnout was a huge success. We will use most of the proceeds to meet the Paul and Jane Ingrey generous “challenge grant.”
A big “thank you “to the following for all their hard work that made FUBU such a success.
- Mike Coleman and Erin O-Wood, again our chairmen, who have organized the event since its inception;
- Mark Wood and and their great Emerald’s staff for food and beverage service that all enjoyed;
- Our chairpersons Linda Osborne and Frances Malaney in charge of organizing all the baskets with help from Barb Marriott, Kathy Liddell, and Beth Ross. And Mary Louise Coleman for the player gift packages.
- To all of our Prime Sponsors, our Board of Directors, Silent Auction item donors, and to everyone who donated baskets—YOUR support of this tournament and other activities is critical to our club’s success.
- To our pro, George Mackey, for all his hard work with FUBU and his staff preparing for this event.
- Special thanks to Rick Liddell our Superintendent and to his team who made everything look so good for FUBU. Juggling both the new “grow-in” as well as all the 18 existing holes has been quite the challenge. They’ve done a marvelous job.
Again, on behalf of the all members of the Board of Directors, THANKS to everyone who supported FUBU-2016.
Above photo from left to right: Susan Rathbun, Senator Betty Little, and Judy Schultz
Above are the FUBU A Flight 1st Place Players for Low Gross with a score of 58.
(from left to right) Tom and Tim Malaney with Katherine Mitchell and John McIntyre
COURSE RENOVATIONS MOVING AHEAD!
- There has been lots of activity and progress on the course renovations!
- As more of the new tees, fairways, and greens are shaped on the back 9 you will see less piles of dirt and construction equipment. Please bear with us as we are making great progress!
- Check out our Course Renovations webpage for the latest updates and photos.
- Here are a few recent photos:
Below is a photo from the temp 16 green overlooking the new 16 green that is filling in nicely:
And here’s a friendly reminder regarding repair of ball marks. Please help us to keep our greens in great shape all season! THANK YOU!
JUNIOR GOLF CLINIC TO START SOON!
- Monday thru Thursday, July 11th to 14th, 9:30am to 11:00am each day.
- Junior golf clinic to teach swings, short game, and golf essentials.
- Cost is $50 per child for the 4 days. Ages 17 and under.
- Clinic will be held at both Five Nations Golf and the Ticonderoga Golf Course.
- Call the Pro Shop to sign up!
ADOPT A HOLE DAY WAS A BIG SUCCESS!
To all the Adopt a Hole volunteers:
- Linda and I say many thanks to all who came out to Adopt A Hole Clean Up last Tuesday.
- It was a beautiful day and we were able to get much weeding, pruning, planting and mulching done. The Club House and Course are “looking good”. If you have not already done so, please spruce up and plant your individual tee box.
- Thanks to all our volunteers: Jane Brauner, Carol Barnwell, Lloyd Burroughs, Nancy Horner, Joan Marcher, Cathy Clark, Stu Kelley, Ed Konikowski, Larry (pro shop guy), Bud and Pam Bresett, Jane and Paul Ingry, Lori and Wayne Gunther, Judy and Ken Schultz.
- Thanks to George for securing the mulch and to Mark for his chain saw expertise.
- If I missed anyone, mea culpa. You get a special silent thank you.
OPENING PARTY AND COURSE RENOVATION TOUR WAS A SUCCESS!
Our recent opening party and course renovation tour was a lot of fun. All who attended the course renovation tour learned a lot about the ongoing improvements.
COURSE RENOVATION TOUR:
Friday, June 3rd – Course Renovation Tour at 5pm at Ticonderoga Golf Course (before the Opening Party)
ADOPT A HOLE WORKDAY IS SCHEDULED
- Tuesday May 31st starting at 10am. This year we will be weeding, planting, pruning, digging, and mulching.
- General cleanup of front and clubhouse area plus a couple of special projects. Remember to bring gloves, rakes, troughs, shovels, pruners, etc. Please mark your equipment. Everyone is welcome! We hope to see you all there! Thanks from Linda, Melissa, & Judy.
NEW WEBSITE HAS LAUNCHED!
We now have a NEW website launched on a new domain name. The new site looks very much like the old one with just a few new features and improvements.
The main reason for the update was to move from TiconderogaCountryClub.com to TiconderogaGolfCourse.com. Please update any favorites or bookmarks that you may have! If you do type in TiconderogaCountryClub.com, you will be automatically redirected to the new site. The old website is still present so if you happen to end up on an old webpage, there are links to the new website available.
Here’s a list of the updates and new features:
- New domain name TiconderogaGolfCourse.com.
- Improved wide screen appearance (fluid design). Improved footer links and display of information.
- Same software platform with additional functionality allowing for a lot more flexibility and improved features in the future.
- Home page with improved photos, more links and more information to help first time visitors quickly navigate to key areas of the website.
- Quick links on sidebar for the most popular webpages.
- eNews archive with most recent eNewsletters available. eNewsletter signup on right side of most webpages.
- Weather widget on right side of most webpages.
Similar to the many improvement efforts underway at our Ticonderoga Golf Course (such as: course improvements, more events, leagues, etc.), the website is also undergoing Continuous Improvement. The next enhancement items will be additional photos showing all the course renovations / back nine play as well as improved photos from throughout the course showcasing our beautiful and scenic Adirondack golf course. It has been a pleasure creating, updating, and improving the Ticonderoga Golf Course website. Many of your ideas have been implemented. Thanks for your continued support and suggestions!
Exciting news for our club! Ticonderoga Golf Course won the 2nd BEST GOLF COURSE category in the Adirondack Life Magazine’s Best of the Adirondack readers’ poll! It will be in the May/June issue.
SIGN UP FOR OUR eNEWSLETTER
If you haven’t done so already, please sign up for our e-newsletter.
There is news, upcoming event information, reminders, golf tips, league and tournament information, and more.